Thursday, November 22, 2007

Superlatives

A teacher friend told me I've given my best, I need not worry. I told him that love, fear, anxiety and their other emotional cousins, are seldom rational.

The watch shows 4.30 as I type these words. Woke up half hour ago and just cannot sleep anymore. Four more hours before anyone she picks them up. I think I'll go eat at my street's coffee shop after this entry and slowly make my way to school. Most probably have to wait for the security guards to arrive before the gates are opened too.

Today could be many things. It could be my happiest, saddest, calmest, funniest, gloomiest, nicest, proudest, zaniest, most ridiculous, most overwhelming, most irritating, most dissapointing, most elated, most agitated, most cheerful, most depressed, most discouraged, most encouraging, most enraged, most enthused, most exhausted, most helpless, most hopeful, most horrible....

Or it could just simply be the best. Four more hours for me to wait before I can know which ones of the above holds true for me. Yet again, only time will tell.

No comments: