Friday, November 30, 2007

Day 4 Hong Kong.



I miss my wife and kids.

Conference proper starts today. It began with a symphony orchestra or something like that. It played a classical tune that reminded me of horse riding and also very traditional Malay stage plays.

The keynote speech that followed was quite interesting. It was stating some obvious points but interesting nevertheless, especially the examples she used to illustrate the points she highlighted. Next, I updated my blog at the café and after that, checked mail and tagged my students' blogs.

During lunch, I ate the vegetarian food: rice, lotus roots thingy, cut cucumber, and black mushrooms. It was disgusting but it was enough to fill my tummy. It was a break from cup noodles. The milk tea was nice though.

The parallel sessions were also entertaining: Journaling in Math and Inquiry Based Learning in Science. When that ended, I met Prof Marsh, as I waited for some other professors I'm supposed to meet. I introduced him to the others. He was my teacher in earlier modules. I learned a lot from him. He remembered me for being the troublesome one in class, I guess.

Then I discussed with some professors about my presentation tomorrow. They gave their inputs on how my section of he symposium should be. I agree to most of their points. Let's just get this presentation over and done with, so that I can finally enjoy my holidays and relax.

We took a cab back to the hotel. Hong Kong really has some strange systems. If you are going back to the new territories, you can only take the red cab. If you are going to some other parts, you must take the green cab and so on. The hospital waiting time was like super long. Singapore has got some systems far more correct than this place.

Dinner at the hotel was cup noodle and cream soda once again. I think I'm not going to eat another cup noodle for a long time.

No comments: