Saturday, November 24, 2007

Silent Walks, Ani, Borders and WALS



We were asked to go for a half hour silent walk around the Seletar Golf Club on our own to reflect and look for an item that we would like to have in our own school. This was what I took. It is a life-saving floatation device. I think I am in dire need of it. I think many of us are in dire need of it.


I just think that if you are in a habit of thinking, you do not need to have a half hour silent walk to think. The last time we did this was two years ago as part of yet another time-wasting exercise.


Why do I need a life saving floatation device? Well, I need it to be saved from time-wasting half hour walks and the inundation of many other time-wasting exercises. I'd rather take a three hour silent walk through Bukit Timah Nature Reserves, or spend that half hour to read few pages of a very good book.


Ani sent me a very very short email. She said she's in Australia but cannot spend too much time writing the email. I sure hope she is doing fine there.


Today, Borders @ Parkway opened. I won't have time to go until I came back home from WALS Conference in Hong Kong. In case you do not know what WALS is, it is not an ice cream brand. It stands for World Association of Lesson Studies. At least I have completed the paper I'm supposed to present next Friday, the 30th. Wish me luck...

No comments: